SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
YAML support for symfony (Propel/Doctrine) Developers  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Suggestions
DBA_Alex

I use Architect all the time, however there's one feature that I'm sure symfony(http://symfony-project.com) web developers would find useful: being able to export their database code into YAML format for either Propel or Doctrine.
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Interesting suggestion, and one you could easily implement and contribute back to the project!

If you aren't already signed up for next week's SQL Power Architect User Group meeting, I urge you to do so. I will be demonstrating the "Custom report template" feature, which, despite its name, could be used to save out your data model as YAML in whatever structure you wish.

-Jonathan
DBA_Alex

I've signed up for the SPAUG meeting, looking forward to being able to return the favor of improving such a great app!

With the "Custom report template" will I be able to map column types to types specific to Doctrine/Propel? For instance, in Doctrine there is no 'Varchar' column. Because of cross-database compatibility, they call all char/varchar columns 'string'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010-02-04 09:18:55

Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Great. "See" you at the meeting.

To answer your question, yes you will be able to map your data types to whatever you like. The process involves the use of either an XSLT stylesheet or a Velocity template (your choice). At the meeting, I will be demonstrating the XSLT approach, but when you get down to solving this problem, you might prefer to use Velocity.

-Jonathan
DBA_Alex

I've finally found time to try and build this report template. I was trying to find an archive of the meeting so I can refresh my memory on how to start with the custom reports, but have not found one.

Anyone know where I can locate an archive or tutorial? Thanks!
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Hi again,

There is a link to a recording of the presentation on the left-hand side of this page, under the heading "Previous User Group Meetings."

Good luck with this project!

-Jonathan
DBA_Alex

Just wanted to let everyone know that the code I've worked on thus far is now on GitHub. Still have a ways to go before it's completed.

http://github.com/dbaAlex/YAML-Schema-Exporter-Plugin
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Hey, that's great!

When you get to the point that you'd like us to mention your project in the next SQL Power Architect release notes, just follow up here!

-Jonathan

Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Suggestions
Go to: