SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Power*Architect 0.9.12 Release Candidate 1 now available  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Discussion
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

The Power*Architect Team has made available the first Release Candidate for the upcoming 0.9.12 release.

You can help us ensure the stability of this release by downloading and testing out this release candidate, (http://download.sqlpower.ca/architect/0.9.12-rc1/) and reporting any bugs on our support forum.

New Features:
* Added support for ON DELETE and ON UPDATE actions in all supported
database platforms, both forward and reverse engineering
* Introduced specific support for SQL Server 2000 vs. SQL Server 2005 for forward
engineering, because they support different ON DELETE and ON UPDATE actions
* Added a new Russian translation
* The Korean translation is now more complete
* Added a navigation window to help when working with large playpens
(Window->Playpen Navigator)
* Table colours, line, and corner style changes can now be applied to multiple
tables at once
* Added support for modeling OLAP schemas: Cubes, Measures, Dimensions, Hierarchies,
and Levels. OLAP schemas can be exported in Mondrian's XML schema definition
format.
* The remarks field in the column properties dialog has been enlarged to make
model documentation easier.

Bug Fixes:
* It is now possible to delete indexes from the DB Tree view
* When dragging a table left or up past the edge of a model, this operation
can now be undone in one step (formerly, it was one undo step per table in
the playpen)
* It is now possible to undo and redo table colour, line, and corner style changes
* When forward engineering, the reported "statements attempted" vs "statements
successfully executed" was reported in reverse. This has been fixed.
* Improved formatting and indentation for generated DDL scripts (all platforms)
* Improved DDL Warning/QuickFix interface
* Fixed several problems related to dragging columns in and out of a self-referencing
table's primary key.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2008-11-07 18:57:57

-Jeff
raarchila

Hi,

I try to install this version but after extracting process, the instalation showed an error " Could not find the main class. Program will exit"
I have the 0.9.11 version and the instalation process running without error.

I need a previous installation?

Arturo A.
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

Hello,

I'm assuming you are using the Windows .EXE installer? Does this error occur immediately after the extraction process? Do you ever see the installer program at all?

I just ran this on my own Windows box with no trouble, so I'm curious as to what the problem is.

Would you happen to know what version of the Java runtime you are using? If you are not sure, you can simply run:

on the command-line.

-Jeff

-Jeff
raarchila

Hi,

I'm sorry, actually, i am using the windows .exe installer. the error ocurred exactly after the extraction proccess finish, never viewed the setup program; by the way, the version of Java in use is 1.6.0_0606

Arturo A.
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

Hi Arturo,

I've tested the same installer on 3 different Windows XP machines, and I haven't run into this problem.

I have some questions:

1) Are you running on Windows XP? or Windows Vista?
2) Are you running the installer as an Administrator account?
3) What is the file size of the installer that you have? It should be 18.1 MB.

-Jeff
raarchila

OK,

thaks for your support....

I have a couple of answer... :oP

1) Are you running on Windows XP? or Windows Vista?
R/ XP
2) Are you running the installer as an Administrator account?
R/ YES
3) What is the file size of the installer that you have? It should be 18.1 MB. R/ I have an "Architect-Setup-Windows-jdbc-0[1].9.12-rc1.exe" file with 18.1 MB

Arturo A.
raarchila

Jeff,

I'm proceded to reinstalled the java runtime and i can finish the instalation correctly. but...

I'm reviewing this version i can't select multiple tables to drag and drop into the playpen. i read in the new features, "Added support for ON DELETE and ON UPDATE actions in all supported
database platforms, both forward and reverse engineering" but i even will need to delete table and recharged in the playpen for refresh changes into the DataBase?

Arturo A.

castorp

Jeff wrote:
Bug Fixes:
* It is now possible to delete indexes from the DB Tree view
The "Delete selected" item still disabled when I right click on an index in the Project Tree.
Should that work, or is this only supposed to work in the "DB Tree view" (I assume that's the source database's tree view)
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

The "Delete selected" item still disabled when I right click on an index in the Project Tree.
Should that work, or is this only supposed to work in the "DB Tree view" (I assume that's the source database's tree view)

Oops, you're right, that should be enabled.

You should still be able to delete the index by pressing the delete key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008-12-03 12:10:06

-Jeff
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

Sorry for the late response.

I'm reviewing this version i can't select multiple tables to drag and drop into the playpen.

Do you mean you weren't able to select multiple tables from an existing database and drag them into the playpen? That's strange.

I just tried it and it worked, although this is with the latest codebase.

i read in the new features, "Added support for ON DELETE and ON UPDATE actions in all supported
database platforms, both forward and reverse engineering" but i even will need to delete table and recharged in the playpen for refresh changes into the DataBase?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but to explain this feature, if you double-click on a relationship line, you will see two new sets of options (Update Rule and Delete Rule) at the bottom of the relationship properties dialogue. The provided options are 'Cascade', 'Restrict', 'No Action', 'Set Null', and 'Set Default'. By default, it is set to 'No Action'. If you choose otherwise, it should add the appropriate ON DELETE or ON UPDATE section to your DDL statement when forward engineering.

-Jeff
castorp

Jeff wrote:

Oops, you're right, that should be enabled.

You should still be able to delete the index by pressing the delete key.

Thanks, the delete key works.

Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Discussion
Go to: