SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
How to keep dimensions expanded throughout Date dimensions  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Discussion
Nogo

[Avatar]

Hi guys,

My KPI has 3 'date rows' ('2007-12-31', '2008-01-31', '2008-02-29'), and 5 dimensions (date, sales_region, sales_rep, organization, location).

Within each date, i can drill down any of the other 4 dimensions and leave the dimensions expanded in any way i want.

But the Dashboard doesn't allow me to leave more than 1 date dimension expanded. For example: if i have date '2008-01-31' already expanded and i want to expand '2008-02-29' as well to show both, the Dashboard will collapse all of '2008-01-31' first and then expand '2008-02-29'.

Is there a way to keep all expanded?

Thanks.
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

The "mutually exclusive expansion" behaviour you're describing was designed into the Dashboard user interface intentionally. I'm not sure how useful it really is, so we could just make date nodes behave like all the other nodes. And see if anybody complains about the change.

-Jonathan
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

I've just changed this so it's a user preference. Once you get the new version of Power*Dashboard, you will be able to choose "Drill down only one date at a time?" from the user preferences screen.

-Jonathan
Nogo

[Avatar]

Great! I've installed the new version of the Dashboard and i am now able to drill down across multiple date dimensions.

Thanks!
maliha

I'm just curious... What's the Java Applet for in the Dashboard? The only use i see of it is that it allows to have that scroll bar in the Drill Down screen.

Why would a user not want to use the applet then?

We are the leading the world in providing best mcsa certification gre and itil dumps prep solutions.

Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Discussion
Go to: