SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
unable to checkout the source  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Suggestions
yaragalla_murali

I have downloded the subclipse for eclipse3.3 and then followed the steps as described on the web page.

but when i try to check out I am getting the following error

"svn: PROPFIND of '/svn': Could not resolve hostname `sqlpower-library.googlecode.com': The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. (http://sqlpower-library.googlecode.com)

RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn': Could not resolve hostname `sqlpower-library.googlecode.com': The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. (http://sqlpower-library.googlecode.com)

".

Kindly help me please.
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

Hello,

I'm able to access the Subversion repository without a problem.

Could you send the exact settings you have set for Subclipse when adding that repository?

Also check if you can see the repository by viewing the URL http://sqlpower-library.googlecode.com/svn/ in your web browser.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008-01-21 10:12:17

-Jeff
yaragalla_murali

Actually i had strated with high spirit to contribute to development. Now really I have given up. I dont know I have tried to checkout so many times and almost frustrated. I am running MCcafee antivirus on my laptop so first i thought the firewall is giving the problem. So i have turned it off. Some time it connects. Some time it says no remote folder find. Some time it says RA layer request failed. Really horrible. If my settings are wrong at least it should not connect even a single time. but some time it connects. some times not. I could not understand the reason. Any way finally I had given up with google.
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

Hi there,

Please give us a chance to help you before giving up!

First, please try to access the URL I gave you through your web browser.

Here it is again (You can simply click on the link):

http://sqlpower-library.googlecode.com/svn/

Please let us know what you see.

-Jeff
yaragalla_murali

On click of the url given i am able to see trunk/ and branches/ . Even I am able to checkout up to 13% some time up to 16% after that I get an error in eclipse saying that

"RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://power-architect.googlecode.com)"

Yesterday i did the same thing but atleast i am not able to connect. Today I have done the same thing and was able to checkout up to 13%.

What do you recommend on this? how to do it?
Jeff
SQL Power Developer
[Avatar]

That's strange.

One thing I suggest is to perhaps try a command-line Subversion client?

Clients for different operating systems are available here.

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html

You can then try to check out the project with the following command:

If that works, then do the same for Power*Architect replacing 'sqlpower-library' with 'power-architect'. Let us know how it goes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008-01-22 15:49:54

-Jeff
m--s

Update: I've included the change described somewhere below.

I've experienced these/similar problems myself. The servers at googlecode doesn't seem to be very stable - at least from my location (Poland). However, I've developed the way of dealing with these problems. First of all, you need to take a look at the svnsync tool. Look there: http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt. Especially take a look at the "Locks" section.

Svnsync is a tool to create a local mirror of the svn server, and then to re-sync it at regular (or not-so-regular) intervals. I am using it as a helper tool to convert the repository from Subversion to Mercurial.

In particular, I have succeeded in converting both power-architect and power-matchmaker repositories to Mercurial using these scripts - and that means I've also succeeded in setting up local mirrors.

I am really sorry, but, being extremely busy right now, I cannot devote much time to your problem, I am however attaching the very simple set of scripts, that I'm used to using to convert any svn repo to Mercurial under win32 (yup - and that's horrible, I know). Some of these scripts will be useful to you, hopefully - after careful inspection, of course.

If you have any questions regarding these scripts (with short answers, please) , feel free to ask.

Hope this all helps.

Michał Skrzypek
 Filename syncer-v2b.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  2817 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2008-01-24 09:36:52

m--s

One more thing - about something different (but still related to asking me questions) - there is a problem with these forums - whenever something is posted, I get 3 or 4 (four!) mails with the same contents, informing me that there is a new thread/post and containing the post itself. Could something be done about it?

Sorry for the off-topic, I just hope it is something simple to solve, and if it is not, then I'll create separate thread on that.

Best of all,
Michał Skrzypek

PS. just in case there are more serious problems with these forums, my email is michals(to be replaced with 'at')math.uni.lodz.pl
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Wow, you've got a local mirror of both apps... sounds promising for us!

About the multiple notification problem in the forum, I don't know what to say. None of us have experienced this problem, so I can't offer you any reliable advice. One thing to check: Do each of the messages have a distinct Message-Id header? Do they all have identical time stamps? I'm wondering if there is some strange SMTP thing going on, or if this is all JForum's fault.

-Jonathan
yaragalla_murali

I will try with command line clients and if i fail i will try with scripts. Any way why don't you consider sourceforge.net for hosting the source code. It is very stable.
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Thanks for the suggestion. We certainly did consider using SourceForge when we went open source. It's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about project hosting!

We also considered java.net and JavaForge before settling in on Google Code Hosting.

Although switching to SourceForge is certainly an option, I'm inclined to at least ask the Google Code Hosting team for help with this problem. They've been responsive in the past. Good, personal support is important to us (that's what we try to provide here), so if the people at Google Code Hosting continue to provide us with that, we'll continue to enjoy using their services.

-Jonathan
yaragalla_murali

Hi no luck with command line tools too. One thing I want to say is, before the svn client used to connect sometime and sometimes not. Now it is getting connected and was able to check out up to 65%, after that it is the same error. I think(I am not sure) there is a time limit for the client(timeout for the connection). After some time the server is forcefully closing the connection even though it is in process. Any way I also thought aboout hosting a small project on gogle but after this experience I have dropped. Any way I will try with scripts and see. This will be my last attempt. If no success at least I will be a constant watcher.
m--s

Update: This post has been corrected a few times.

yaragalla_murali wrote:Hi no luck with command line tools too. One thing I want to say is, before the svn client used to connect sometime and sometimes not. Now it is getting connected and was able to check out up to 65%, after that it is the same error. (...)

You probably got this all wrong - svnsync will NOT prevent the disconnection, but then it will allow you to continue from the point where it occurred. Take a look again in the "Locks" section. If you want to "arm" the scripts with this ability, then below is the improved "svncync-2sync.bat" script:

The only thing changed is the inclusion of the "svn pdel" command. After this change, you can re-run this batch file even after forcefully killing the previous instance.

Just in case, here is the SHORT MANUAL:

1. Configure everything in the "_setenv.bat" file.
2. Don't forget to rename the directory with initial empty repository to match the project's name with "-svnsync" ending.
3. Run "svnsync-0serve.bat"
4. Run "svnsync-1init.bat". It needs to be done just once. It hard-codes the SVN_REMOTE_URL into the local repository, and it cannot be changed later - you'll need to replace the repository with the initial one (provided inside the zipfile) if you want to reconfigure it.
5. Run "svnsync-2sync.bat". You can wait after it finishes, or you can even kill it in the middle, and restart it - it will simply continue the syncing process. If some error occurs or it simply hangs waiting for the connection - just re-run it.
6. When everything finishes, you can kill the server process, or just re-use it for local connection with the client (Eclipse for example). Just remember, that this mirror should be considered read-only, otherwise the re-syncing process will then fail.
7. After some time passes, just execute the steps 3 and 5 to refresh the repository.

The remaining scripts are dealing with various conversions to Mercurial, so these are probably out of scope (not needed here).

I'm also updating the "syncer-v2.zip" file to "syncer-v2b.zip" to reflect the change described here.

Good luck!
Michał Skrzypek

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 2008-01-24 09:57:13

yaragalla_murali

I have tried as you said. I got the following error. Also attaching the modified scripts.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>svnsync-2sync

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>call _setenv.bat

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>set PROJECT_NAME=power-architect

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>set SVN_LOCAL_HOST=localhost

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>set SVN_LOCAL_PORT=23232

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>set SVN_REMOTE_URL=http://power-architect.googleco
de.com/svn/trunk/

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>svn pdel --revprop -r 0 svn:sync-lock svn://localh
ost:23232/power-architect-svnsync
property 'svn:sync-lock' deleted from repository revision 0

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\Desktop\syn>svnsync sync svn://localhost:23232/power-architect
-svnsync
svnsync: Destination repository has not been initialized
 Filename syn.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  2906 time(s)

yaragalla_murali

Hi I got it. I am able to run the scripts properly. Right now running the scripts and something is going on. will let you know by tomorrow morning about the complete result.

Forum Index » SQL Power Architect Suggestions
Go to: