SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Numbers don't add up for particular dimension  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Technical Support
Nogo

[Avatar]

Hi,

I'm in my drill-down screen and the numbers in this one dimension do not add up. The summation shows 0 at the top level even though there are numbers within that level.

My KPI is set to 'Show all green'.

Can someone help me solve this mystery?

(I have a screen shot if you need one but how do I submit it?)

thanks!

Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Hi,

It sounds like this is a caching issue. For performance, we cache the results of the 100 most recent SQL queries. However, if something updates the status table, you can end up with a mix of cached data from before the update, and cached data from after the update. At this point, stuff doesn't add up any more!

There are three ways of clearing the cache (in increasing order of disruptiveness):

1. In the Dashboard web interface, go to Admin->Data Cache Stats->Flush All. (you don't have to clear everything if you know which status table you're getting inconsistent data for). You must be a member of the PL_ADMIN group to see the "Data Cache Stats" button on the admin screen.

2. Run the dashboard engine for the status table you're getting inconsistent results for. The web app will automatically clear the cache for that status table once the engine run is complete.

3. Restart the web server that the dashboard web app is running in.

Obviously option 1 is best, if you are a member of the PL_ADMIN group.

-Jonathan
Nogo

[Avatar]

Thanks for your solutions!

What I have done was truncate my status table and re-run the Dashboard Admin engine. And that did the trick!

If this occurs again, I will try your suggestion number 1.

Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Technical Support
Go to: