SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Display drill-down path  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Suggestions
Nogo

[Avatar]

Hi Power*Dashboard developers,

Your Dashboard is great! I use it quite alot.

I have a little suggestion though. When drilling down the dimensions of a KPI, it would be nice to be able to see the path of the drill down, displayed at the top of the screen, just below the 'Dashboard Summary > KPI Drill Down' line for example.

Sometimes when I drill down a few dimensions, my list within a particular dimension can be very long. In order for me to view which category of the dimension I am looking at, I have to scroll up the long list.

For instance, if I am within the dimension 'Region' with 4 categories like 'Eastern', 'Western', 'Central', 'Northern' and then I drill down dimension 'Salesperson' with 30 different salespersons' names, it would be helpful to see the path 'Region: Eastern > Salesperson: John Smith' instead of having to scroll all the way up to the top dimension.

Just a suggestion
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Hi Nogo,

In HTML mode, the drill-down screen will do this for you already! All you have to do is position the mouse over (in your example) the salesperson's name, and you'll see all the parent dimension values back to the date.

I can't remember off the top of my head if this also works in drilldown applet mode, but it might! Give it a try. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll file a bug report for it.
Nogo

[Avatar]

Oh yes, I have seen the path (all the parent dimension values) before, when I put my mouse over a dimension's value. I guess I was in HTML mode then.

Currently on my dashboard, it does not allow me to see the path when positioning my mouse over a dimension. I am assuming then that I'm in Applet Mode. However, when I look at "KPI Preferences", nothing is checked for "Use Applet for this KPI?".

Am I really in Applet Mode then?
How do I switch from Applet Mode to HTML mode?
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

There are overall user preferences that apply to all your KPIs in the User Preferences screen, which you get to via the Admin screen.

You can override your overall (or "global") preferences on a per-KPI basis by clicking the "KPI Preferences" button on the drill down screen.

The way KPI preferences work is by overriding each individual global preference. To override the global preference, you check the checkbox and select a value. If the checkbox is not checked, the global preference will be used.

So, to answer your question: To switch to HTML mode globally, go to Admin->User Preferences and select not to "Use applets when possible." Or, if you only want to switch to HTML mode for a few KPIs, go to KPI preferences from the drill down screen, check the box beside "Use Applets," and select "Yes."
ankur783

Is it possible to display the entire drill down path in analytical charts in dashboards PPS over sharepoint.It could be displayed in the legend where the last level is displayed by default or elsewhere.
Jonathan
SQL Power Developer

Hello ankur783,

This forum is dedicated to discussion about SQL Power's Power*Dashboard product.

Good luck with your project.

-Jonathan
samonia

This is really very usefully for me, thank you!

врати блиндирани врати входни врати интериорни врати
[WWW]

Forum Index » SQL Power Dashboard Suggestions
Go to: